Earle C. Anthony Travel Award from Graduate Division
Funds may only be used for transportation (airfare, taxi, shuttle, public transportation) and registration fees (excluding meals and lodging).
Other travel expenses, such as lodging, meals, membership dues, car rental, parking, airline seat upgrades, abstract and/or poster development, abstract fees, and office supplies are not eligible.
Participation in the meeting should be directly relevant to the applicant's research and beneficial to his/her future career.
Each student may receive only one travel award as a degree candidate. The total number of travel awards and the amount per award each year is based on the availability of funds. Applications are accepted year-round, however, funds are limited and students are advised to apply as early as possible.
- UCSF registered graduate academic students; must be registered in the term in which you are attending the conference. Students on filing fee are not eligible.
- In good academic standing with no outstanding fee balance
- Presenting a paper or poster at a professional meeting or giving a talk
- Students with fellowships providing a research budget or education allowance must expend those funds completely to be eligible for these awards
- Students should seek support from Research Advisors, Principal Investigators, Graduate Programs, and Schools before applying for the Graduate Division's travel and research awards
- Have not received an Anthony travel award before
Allowable Expenses: Transportation (airfare, taxi, shuttle, public transportation) and registration fees (excluding meals and lodging), and baggage fees only.
Unallowable Expenses: Lodging, meals, membership dues, car rental, parking, airline seat upgrades, abstract and/or poster development, abstract fees, and office supplies.
Application Deadline: At least 10 business days in advance of the proposed departure date.
Application Procedure: Submit the following documents in one combined PDF file via email to email@example.com. Your application may be rejected if multiple PDF files are received instead of one combined document, or if any of the required documents are missing, or if ineligible expenses are included. The single PDF file must contain the following documents:
- Application Form (click here for form) Your UC ID number is required on the application. The ID number is 8 numbers and begins with 02. You can find it on the Student Portal Summary Page just above privacy settings.
- Conference announcement listing official dates, location and fees
- Confirmation of participation in the meeting (i.e. acceptance of paper or poster)
- Proof-of-payment of registration fees (credit card statement in the applicant's name or verification from conference that payment has been received and processed)
- Proof-of-payment of airfare (EXACT COST) plus estimated baggage fees and ground transportation costs. E-tickets are acceptable as long as they show that the applicant's credit card has been charged. Note: Travel must be conducted in the least expensive and most direct way possible. Award does not cover seat upgrade costs.
Award Payments: GD-ECA Travel Awards are paid as reimbursements of actual expenses incurred by awardees for approved expenses. Awardees are required to provide the Graduate Division with original documentation of expenses within 10 days of the conclusion of their trips and should submit receipts via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Boarding pass stubs as proof of completed travel
- Checked baggage fee receipts
- Ground transportation receipts (taxi, shuttle, etc.)
Reimbursements take from 1-2 weeks to process. Under certain circumstances, travel advances are possible; please contact email@example.com for details.
Note for Students Receiving Financial Aid: Travel awards do not appear in the Student Financial Aid Offer Letter and will not count against the student's financial aid.