Part of the UCSF Graduate Division, the Office for Postdoctoral Scholars serves as a central resource and information conduit for all postdocs as well as for faculty and staff who work with postdocs at UCSF.
Activities of the Postdoc Office include
- Quarterly postdoc orientations
- Career development activities
- Staff training in relation to postdoc policies, union contract interpretation
- Advising services for individual postdocs
- Diversity programs
- Advocating for postdoc inclusion in the activities of other campus organizations
- Reviewing/granting requests for exceptions to standard policy (e.g. length of appointment, part-time appointments)
- Ensuring campus postdoc policies comply with Union contract
- Participating in the UC-wide postdoc workgroup
- Recruitment of postdocs
- Annual "Postdoc Speed Mentoring" program
Visit the Postdoc Office website at postdocs.ucsf.edu for more information.