The Graduate Division is committed to supporting our faculty, program directors, and program administrators. The following resources may be helpful to you.
• Faculty Mentoring Toolkit (published by the Chancellor's Council on Faculty Life and the UCSF Faculty Mentoring Program)
• Adviser, Teacher, Role Model, Friend: On Being a Mentor to Students in Science and Engineering (free publication from the National Academy of Sciences)
• Compact Between Biomedical Graduate Students and Their Research Advisors. Published by the AAMC, this guide is designed to support the development of a positive mentoring relationship between pre-doctoral students and their research advisors.
• Great Mentoring in Graduate School: A quick start guide for protégés. Published by the Council of Graduate Schools, this useful guide is aimed towards graduate students themselves.
• Supporting students with disabilities (Link to the UCSF Faculty Training Series, an eight part, online video training series to guide faculty who work with students with disabilities, produced by UCSF Medical Student Disability Services (MSDS) and UCSF Student Disability Services (SDS) in partnership with colleagues from around the country)
Can't find information you need on this site? Contact us.
If you have a question in relation to postdocs or postdoc policy, you may want to consult the Postdoc Office website.
We are working to provide faculty and staff with more resources specific to graduate programs. In the meantime, please let us know if you have suggestions for this area of our website.
Slider photos from Faculty Development Day 2012 by David Hand