|Academia||Nonprofit Sector||Government||Private Sector|
|UCSF||85 | 73%||13 | 11.5%||10 | 8.5%||8 | 7%|
|National||81%||19% — all other sectors combined|
Notes on the data
- UCSF numbers reflect status of former students at the time the data were gathered in summer/fall 2012. Current employment may now be different.
- National data taken from "Social Sciences PhDs: Five+ Years Out," results of a national survey published by the Center for Innovation and Research in Graduate Education at the University of Washington, Dr. Maresi Nerad, principal investigator. Study included 3,025 PhD graduates 1995-99, surveyed in 2005-06.
- UCSF study looked at graduates 1997-2006, i.e. 6-15 years post-graduation.
- Of 126 alumni, employment for 117 (93%) was identified and confirmed.
- Unemployment statistics are unknown. Some of the 7% we could not locate may be unemployed.
Go back to list of aggregate data.