Financial Support

It can be challenging to make ends meet when you're in school. The Graduate Division may be able to help you with an internal fellowship, childcare grant, travel, or research award. Together with your graduate program, we can also help you navigate through the application process for other types of support.

Apply for a Fellowship or Award

Accept a Research or Teaching Assistant Appointment

Most academic departments and programs offer a limited number of research or teaching assistantships, which can provide you with income as well as valuable experience to build your CV. View general information about academic appointments here, then contact your graduate program administrator for information. (Don't know who your program administrator is? See a list of contacts.)

Apply for a Travel Award

Attendance at scientific conferences is an important component of a graduate student’s training and career development. Explore the options for funding your conference travel.

Childcare Grants

If you have young children, you may be eligible for a childcare grant. Find out more about childcare grants. Note that students with a graduate student researcher or teaching assistant appointment may be eligible to pay for childcare expenses on a pre-tax basis through the DepCare FSA program.

Other Resources

Slider photo credits: "Money, Mississippi" (sign) by Dave Barger on Flickr; money close-up by Thomas Hawk on Flickr; money word tiles by 'PT Money'