The UCSF Graduate Division provides annually-updated PhD program statistics.
These data help the Graduate Division and our graduate programs to assess performance and progress. For example:
- Are we providing the support necessary to ensure that students graduate at a high rate and in a reasonable period of time?
- Are our efforts to recruit and retain a diverse student body working?
- Are there trends that reveal issues that need to be addressed?
- In which programs do prospective students show the most interest?
- Demographics of enrolled students (gender, race and ethnicity, and citizenship status)
- Admissions data (acceptance rates and yield rates)
- Median time to degree
- PhD completion rates
- PhD career outcomes (data in tabular form coming soon)
Looking for data on UCSF postdocs? Demographic data and time-in-postdoc are available on the postdoc website.
Looking for statistics on our master's programs? Demographic data are available on each program's page on this site. For additional stats, please contact the programs directly. See a list of all programs.
Read more about this project and our work with the Coalition for Next Generation Life Science.
UC San Francisco is a member of the Coalition for Next Generation Life Science, which includes Cornell University, Duke, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins, MIT, University of Maryland Baltimore County, University of Michigan, University of Pennsylvania, and the University of Wisconsin. Read more about the goals and plans of the Coalition.